Rubber linings and anti-corrosion coatings are barrier type linings and coverings that are applied to equipment to protect from corrosion, abrasion, and chemical attack. For decades rubber linings and protective coatings to prevent corrosion have proven to be a reliable choice for equipment protection in the Chemical Processing, Mining, Power Generation/Utility, Transportation, and Water Treatment industries.
Rubber lining materials are generally broken into two categories: natural rubber and synthetic compounds (generally a blend of natural and synthetic ingredients). Some common rubber lining types and uses are as follows:
- Soft natural – concentrated HCl, as well as sliding and impingement-type abrasion service
- Semi-hard/hard natural – strong acid solutions, plating solutions, wet chlorine and ion exchange water treatment vessels
- Chlorobutyl/bromobutyl – weather/ozone resistance, sodium hypochlorite solutions, acid/caustic solutions at elevated temperatures.
- Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) – oxidizing solutions, weather/ozone resistance and certain solutions at elevated temperatures.
- Buna-nitrile – aliphatic hydrocarbons, abrasion and heat resistance
- Neoprene – good physical properties, ultraviolet (UV) and ozone resistance, slight to moderate oil resistance.
Please contact us directly at 215-348-2950 or through the form on this page to learn more about how Arbonite can provide a rubber lining solution for your difficult corrosion problems.