Rubber linings are barrier-type linings/coverings that are applied to equipment to protect from corrosion, abrasion, and chemical attack. For decades they have proven to be a reliable choice for protection of equipment in the Chemical Processing, Mining, Power Generation/Utility, Transportation, and Water Treatment industries.
Rubber lining materials are generally broken into two categories: natural rubber and synthetic compounds (generally a blend of natural and synthetic ingredients). Some common rubber lining types and uses are as follows:
- Soft natural – concentrated HCl, as well as sliding and impingement-type abrasion service
- Semi-hard/hard natural – strong acid solutions, plating solutions, wet chlorine and ion exchange water treatment vessels
- Chlorobutyl/bromobutyl – weather/ozone resistance, sodium hypochlorite solutions, acid/caustic solutions at elevated temperatures.
- Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) – oxidizing solutions, weather/ozone resistance and certain solutions at elevated temperatures.
- Buna-nitrile – aliphatic hydrocarbons, abrasion and heat resistance
- Neoprene – good physical properties, ultraviolet (UV) and ozone resistance, slight to moderate oil resistance.
Please contact us directly at 215-348-2950 or through the form on this page to learn more about how Arbonite can provide a rubber lining solution for your difficult corrosion problems.