Arbonite rubber linings are barrier type linings and coverings applied to various metal equipment to protect from corrosion, abrasion and chemical attack.
We service companies in the following industries: Chemical Processing, Mining, Power Generation/Utility, Transportation and Water Treatment.
Rubber Lined Products
- Flow Meters
- Chemical Process Vessels
- Hoppers & Chutes
- Pump Components
- Steel Piping & Fittings
- Storage Tanks
- Water Treatment Tanks
Arbonite experts will inspect and recommend the best rubber lining type for your application needs. View common industrial applications for rubber linings.
Professional Lining Application Process
Proper application of linings will ensure the longevity and functionality of your equipment.
Professional and approved applicators take quality and safety seriously. We follow best practices and standardized steps during the inspection and installation of your lining. Customers will receive compliance documents after the job is completed so they can always be certain that we have conformed to their specifications.
Design and fabrication in accordance with NACE SP0178-2007
Inspection and evaluation if item to be lined to confirm suitability of design and weld/edge preparation
Cleaning and surface preparation to SSPC or NACE standards as listed in project specifications and/or manufacturer’s instructions
Application of the specified lining system using application equipment and practices as specified by the lining manufacturer
Pre-cure inspection of applied lining to verify proper thickness and lining continuity
Cure of installed lining system in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
Final inspection to verify degree of cure, as well as lining continuity utilizing high or low-voltage holiday detection equipment
Types of Rubber Linings
Rubber lining materials are generally broken into two categories: natural rubber and synthetic compounds (generally a blend of natural and synthetic ingredients). Arbonite’s experts will assist you with rubber lining selection that best suits your situation based on a review of equipment service conditions. Some common rubber lining types and uses are as follows:
- Soft natural – concentrated HCl, as well as sliding and impingement-type abrasion service
- Semi-hard/hard natural – strong acid solutions, plating solutions, wet chlorine and ion exchange water treatment vessels
- Chlorobutyl/bromobutyl – weather/ozone resistance, sodium hypochlorite solutions, acid/caustic solutions at elevated temperatures
- Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) – oxidizing solutions, weather/ozone resistance and certain solutions at elevated temperatures
- Buna-nitrile – aliphatic hydrocarbons, abrasion and heat resistance
- Neoprene – good physical properties, ultraviolet (UV) and ozone resistance, slight to moderate oil resistance
Rubber Lining Certifications
Arbonite is an expert in rubber lining installation, staffed with a team of applicators fully-trained to operate safely in accordance with all current Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. Our customers trust us and our work to maintain high standards of quality and reliabilty. Proudly we hold the following certificates and are active members of industry organizations such as:
- PADEP-certified Tank Lining Installer (TL), company certification no. #1880
- Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC)
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
- NACE Certified Inspection Program (CIP) Level I
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- US Department of Transportation (DOT), license no. CT-14276, to perform inspections to lined liquid bulk carriers
In addition to rubber linings, Arbonite expertly applies other corrosion protection products to solve the toughest corrosion problems. Call an application specialist at 215-348-2950 fill out our online form to learn how we can help you.