Arbonite rubber linings are barrier type linings and coverings applied to various metal equipment to protect from corrosion, abrasion, and chemical attack.
We service companies in the following industries: Chemical Processing, Mining, Power Generation/Utility, Transportation, and Water Treatment industries.
Rubber Lined Products
- Flow Meters
- Chemical Process Vessels
- Hoppers & Chutes
- Pump Components
- Steel Piping & Fittings
- Storage Tanks
- Water Treatment Tanks
Arbonite experts will inspect and recommend the best rubber lining type for your application needs. View common industrial applications for rubber linings.
Professional Application Process
Proper application of rubber tank linings and rubber lined equipment will ensure the longevity and functionality of your equipment.
Professional and approved applicators take quality and safety seriously. We follow best practices and standardized steps during the inspection and installation of your rubber lining. Customers will receive compliance documents after the job is completed so you can always be certain to pass regulatory inspections.
Evaluation and Recommendations
Rubber Lining Application
Types of Rubber Linings
Rubber lining materials are generally broken into two categories: natural rubber and synthetic compounds (generally a blend of natural and synthetic ingredients). Arbonite engineers will assist you with rubber lining selection that best suits your industry. Some common rubber lining types and uses are as follows:
- Soft natural – concentrated HCl, as well as sliding and impingement-type abrasion service
- Semi-hard/hard natural – strong acid solutions, plating solutions, wet chlorine and ion exchange water treatment vessels
- Chlorobutyl/bromobutyl – weather/ozone resistance, sodium hypochlorite solutions, acid/caustic solutions at elevated temperatures
- Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) – oxidizing solutions, weather/ozone resistance and certain solutions at elevated temperatures
- Buna-nitrile – aliphatic hydrocarbons, abrasion and heat resistance
- Neoprene – good physical properties, ultraviolet (UV) and ozone resistance, slight to moderate oil resistance
Rubber Lining Certifications
Arbonite is an expert in rubber lining installation. Our customers trust us and our work to maintain high standards in Environmental Health and Safety. Proudly we hold the following certificates and are active members of industry organizations such as:
- PADEP-certified Tank Lining Installer (TL), company certification no. #1880
- Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC)
- PA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- NACE Certified Inspection Program (CIP) Level I
- OSHA Regulations
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- US Department of Transportation (DOT) to perform inspections to lined, liquid bulk carriers.
Arbonite expertly applies corrosion protection products to solve the toughest corrosion problems. Call an application specialist at 215-348-2950 or complete the form on this page to learn how we can help you.