Arbosol® PVC Plastisol Coatings & Linings
Arbosol® coatings and linings are a liquid-applied, plasticized, heat-cured polyvinyl chloride (PVC) system.
Our plastisol coating and lining product, Arbosol®, is used to protect industrial metal parts from corrosion and chemical attack in mild to harsh acidic solutions, sodium hypochlorite, plating solutions, etc. Call Arbonite to learn more!
Qualified Applicators of Plastisol Coating & Lining
Arbonite is one of the most experienced and qualified applicators of plastisol coatings and linings. Our corrosion protection and tank lining company has been servicing customers in the Philadelphia region and Northeast since the late 1940s. Today we work with customers in a number of industries including: water and waste treatment, chemical processing, metal plating, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and more.
Industrial Parts Commonly Coated in Plastisol
Arbosol® PVC plastisol coatings and linings can be applied to a variety of metal parts and pieces in a variety of thicknesses. Tanks or metal parts that require significant protection from corrosion or harsh chemicals benefit from a thick coating application, typically 60 mils – 120 mils, applied to a pinhole-free condition via hot-dip or spray application. Items requiring a lesser degree of corrosion or chemical resistance can be protected with plastisol coating or lining applied at a thickness of less than 60 mils, usually via spray application.
- Exterior barrier for tanks, piping and skids
- Tank lining system (minimum thickness of 60 mils)
- Sodium hypochlorite storage vessels
- Transport equipment
- Filter vessels in ion-exchange systems
- Plating equipment
- Variety of pumps and valves
Arbosol Product Advantages
- 100% solids – NO volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Versatility and customization based on your industry’s specific needs
- Range of durometer hardness options from 70 Shore A to 90 Shore A
- Custom compounds to meet requirements for flexibility and tension strength
- Arbosol® coatings can be applied as a dip-coating when you need a varying level of thickness on different sections of the same industrial metal part.
- Variety of colors available in spray versions; standard dip formulations are black
- Reduce vibration
- Electrical resistance
- Chemical corrosion and abrasion protection
- Extend the lifespan of equipment and protect from damage caused by metal on metal rubbing
- Versatility – can be used as a tank lining system (minimum thickness of 60 mils) or as an effective barrier coating for the exterior of tanks, piping, and skids
Custom Plastisol Compounds for Regulatory Compliance & Certifications
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF)-61 certified versions available
- Non-toxic, USP Class VI, UL, & MIL A-A-59464