Darkar NoSkid™ Coating
Darkar NoSkid™ is a patented, vinyl-based, anti-slip coating system with an integral grit fused into the coating. Arbonite is the exclusive applicator of Darkar NoSkid™ coating and materials.
The Darkar NoSkid™ coating system is traditionally used in transport equipment, specifically in passenger railcars. As such, it meets or exceeds federal requirements as outlined in Federal Railroad Administration 49 CFR 238.103.
Product features include:
- Specified thickness ranges from 40 mils to 125 mils
- Coating system is chemically-bonded to stainless steel, aluminum, or mild steel to provide superior adhesion to the substrate
- The applied coating system is resistant to a wide range of acids and alkalis and also displays excellent abrasion resistance
- Can be applied to a wide variety of shapes and sizes and can also be utilized in conjunction with heating elements
- Standard colors are gray, black, and yellow – additional colors available upon request, and multi-color applications for safety/visibility are also performed
Darkar NoSkid™ coatings have undergone the following tests to be deemed suitable for use in passenger railcars:
- ASTM D-2047-93 Static Coefficient of Friction
- NFPA 259-98 Potential Heat of Combustion
- ASTM E-648/NFPA 253 Critical Radiant Flux of Floor Covering Systems
Please contact us directly at 215-348-2950 or through the form on this page to learn more about how Arbonite can provide a Darkar No-Skid™ coating solution for your passenger railcar components.